Microdistillery License

The Microdistillery license was created by New Section 2 of the 2012 House Bill 2689 which became effective July 1, 2012. To read more about this legislative change and others, please visit our Liquor Laws and Industry Notices page.

The Microdistillery license allows the manufacture and storage of not more than 50,000 gallons of spirits per year; the sale of spirits manufactured by the licensee in the original unopened container to be consumed off the licensed premise; and, free samples provided on the licensed premise and at special events monitored and regulated by the ABC.

When you apply for a new Microdistillery license, it will be for a two year license term and it must be renewed biannually. You will have the option to either:

  • pay the license fee and the registration fee in full; or,
  • pay half of the license fee plus the registration fee with your application and pay the remaining half of the license fee plus a 10 percent surcharge within one year from the date your license was issued. Note: If you do not pay your remaining license fee and the 10 percent surcharge when it is due, your license will automatically be cancelled.

Licensing and Tax Registration Packets

Applying for a New Microdistillery and/or Microdistillery Packaging and Warehousing Facilities** License
**You must have an active Microdistillery license before you are eligible for a Microdistillery Packaging and Warehousing Facilities license.

Renewing Your Microdistillery and/or Microdistillery Packaging and Warehousing Facility Licenses

Microdistillery Brand Registration and Label Approval Forms


Register your brands and labels online and remit your payment electronically. Get started now by clicking on the button below!

Register Brands and Labels Online

Print and Mail My Application

Select the required forms for your transaction then print, complete and submit your application with payment enclosed.

Microdistillery Monthly Return and Report

Other Forms


Need Help?

If you have questions or need assistance, visit our Contact Us page to locate your assigned Licensing Representative.

Back to the Alcoholic Beverage Control main page