The on-premise licenses types are caterer, Class A Club, Class B Club, Drinking Establishment, Drinking Establishment/Caterer, Hotel/Drinking Establishment, Hotel Drinking Establishment/Caterer and Public Venue licenses.
If your event is temporary, visit the temporary permit page.
- Handbook for Caterers
- Handbook for Class A Clubs
- Handbook for Class B Clubs
- Handbook for Drinking Establishments
- Handbook for Public Venues
- Liquor Licensee Information Brochure (ABC-899)
- Department of Agriculture Restaurant License Guide
- Register Catered Event Instructions
Kansas law allows on-premise licensees to serve the following alcoholic beverages in pitchers no larger than 64 fluid ounces to two (2) or more people:
- Cereal Malt Beverage
Licensees may request approval for pitchers of mixed alcoholic beverages not listed above to be approved for sale by submitting the completed Request for Approval of Mixed Alcoholic Liquor Served in Pitchers (ABC-866).
If additional pitchers are approved, they will be added to the list above.
- New applicants are required to obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) prior to submitting your application for liquor licensure if they do not already possess their FEIN. For more information, go to: http://www.irs.gov/
- You must register for business taxes. Choose either the online option or paper form below.
- All applicants must have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate from the Kansas Department of Revenue for the entity. Apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate using your entity's FEIN.
- On Premise Public Checklist (ABC-859)
- Kansas Liquor License Application and Instructions (ABC-800)
- Financial Disclosure (ABC-801)
- Request for Permanent Premise Approval (ABC-806)
- Submit a copy of your completed TTB Alcohol Dealer Registration (TTB F 5630.5d)
- Liquor Drink Tax Bond - The Division of Taxation requires on-premise liquor licensees to post a Liquor Drink tax bond for a minimum of $1,000.00. The bond can be one of the following:
- Cash Bond
- Escrow Bond
- Surety Bond
For additional information regarding liquor drink tax or bonds, please contact the Division of Taxation's Miscellaneous Tax Segment at 785-368-8222 (select option 5, then option 4), or email: kdor_Miscellaneous.Tax@ks.gov
If you have questions or need assistance, visit our Contact Us page to locate your assigned licensing representative.