Packaging and Warehousing Facility Permit
The Packaging and Warehousing Facility permit is available to any manufacturer or supplier of alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverage, whether licensed in this state or any other state.
Brand Registration and Label Approval:
Each brand and label of alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverage that is intended for sale to distributors in Kansas and is transported, packaged or stored at a packaging and warehousing facility must be registered with the ABC by the supplier or manufacturer prior to shipment to the licensed Kansas distributor.
Gallonage Taxes and Reports:
The gallonage tax shall be paid on alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverage imported into this state under a packaging and warehousing facility permit only if the alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverage is sold to a Kansas distributor for sale at wholesale in this state. The gallonage tax shall be paid by the Kansas distributor who purchases the alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverage for sale at wholesale.
Packaging and Warehousing Facility permit holders are not required to file any monthly or annual gallonage tax returns or reports.
- ABC-828 Packaging and Warehousing Facility Permit Application and Agreement
- Request for Permanent Premise Approval (ABC-806)
- Submit a copy of your approved TTB Basic Permit (TTB F 5100.24) to wholesale.
- Submit a copy of your completed TTB Alcohol Dealer Registration (TTB F 5630.5d)
- Submit a copy of your Manufacturer or Supplier license valid in this state or any other state
- File the Irrevocable Consent to Jurisdiction form (ABC-160) with the Kansas Secretary of State only if your company is not located in Kansas
If you have questions or need assistance, visit our Contact ABC page to locate your assigned licensing representative.