Kansas Personalized and Disabled Personalized Plates
A Personalized Plate allows for a total of 7 letters, numbers and/or spaces for autos or trucks and no more than 5 letters, numbers and/or spaces for motorcycles. No type of symbol can be used. Personalized plates are issued for 5 year cycles. The 5 year cycle begins in a year which ends with a zero (0) or five (5).
Disabled Personalized Plates are also available. All disabled personalized plates (auto, truck and motorcycle) are allowed a total of 5 letters, numbers and/or spaces.
To qualify you must:
- Be a Kansas resident or a member of the military who is not a Kansas resident and is stationed at a Kansas military base or office.
- Have a Kansas title in your name or the leasing company’s name for the vehicle to which the personalized plate is to be issued.
- If an antique personalized plate is being applied for, the vehicle must be titled as an antique.
- Personalized plates can be issued to autos, motorcycles and trucks registered for 20,000 lbs. or less.
Steps to obtain the plate:
- Complete the Personalized Plate Application, form TR-715. The form is available at: http://ksrevenue.org/pdf/tr715.pdf
- The completed form is to be mailed or taken to your local county treasurer’s motor vehicle office accompanied by the correct fee.
- Allow 6 to 8 weeks for the personalized plate to be made and delivered to the county’s motor vehicle office for pick up. Your county’s motor vehicle office will notify you when your personalized plate is available for pick-up.
- Combinations deemed by the Director of Vehicles to have a profane, vulgar, lewd or indecent meaning or connotation shall not be allowed.
Fee for Personalized plate:
- The fee for any personalized plate is $45.50. The fee is paid when original application for the personalized plate is made. The Personalized Plate fee will not be due again for 5 years; until the personalized plate is reissued. This fee is in addition to standard fees due at the time of registration.