Forms and Publications - Retailers' Compensating Use
Please be advised that the state sales tax rate for Kansas has changed to 6.15% effective July 1, 2013. A list of current jurisdictions and their corresponding tax rates can be found in the Jurisdictions Code Booklet (Pub. KS-1700).
Since July 1, 2010, businesses have been required to submit Retailers’ Sales Compensating Use and Withholding Tax returns electronically.
The development and use of paperless formats promotes efficiency, reduces processing costs and therefore, aids in reducing the overall cost of government. Customers can call 785-368-8222 for more information.
- Retailers’ Compensating Use Tax Return and Voucher (CT-9U)
- Sales and Compensating Use Tax Exemption Certificates
- Sales and Use Tax Refund Application (ST-21)
- Sales And Use Tax Refund Application For Use By Project Exemption Certificate (PEC) Entities (ST-21PEC)
- Vehicle Leases Retailers’ Compensating Use Tax Return and Voucher(CT-114)
Publications assist in understanding the provisions of Kansas tax laws and regulations and are designed for informational purposes only. The contents should not be used as authority to support a technical position.
- Business Taxes for Hotels, Motels & Restaurants (KS-1540)
- Kansas Application for Sales Tax Exemption Certificates (KS-1528)
- Local Sales Tax Rate Changes
- Local Sales Tax Rates by Jurisdiction (KS-1700)
- Sales and Compensating Use Tax (KS-1510)
- Sales and Use Tax for Contractors, Subcontractors and Repairmen (KS-1525)
- Sales and Use Tax for Kansas Political Subdivisions (KS-1527)
- Sales and Use Tax for Motor Vehicle Transactions (KS-1526)
- Sales and Use Tax for the Agricultural Industry (KS-1550)
- Sales and Use Tax Refund (KS-1220)
- Sales Tax Exemption Information and Certificates (KS-1520)
- Tax Guide for Schools and Educational Institutions (KS-1560)