Frequently Asked Questions - Real ID
What if my married name is on my drivers license and social security card but my maiden name is on my birth certificate?
If I have been married multiple times, do I have to present every marriage license and divorce decree?
- Legible social security card with your current full name (NOT LAMINATED)
- Current W-2 or 1099
- Current pay stub with social security number
*NOTE: A social security number is not necessary for temporary driver's license applicants with non-work status.
Here are the list of other acceptable documents for travel other than your state issued driver's license or ID, from https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification:
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
- Permanent resident card
- Border crossing card
- DHS-designated enhanced driver's license
- Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- Foreign government-issued passport
- Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
- Transportation worker identification credential
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I- 766)
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
TSA : (855) 347-8371