Forms and Publications - Transient Guest

Some Kansas cities and counties impose a transient guest tax (in addition to the sales tax) on the rental of rooms, lodging, or other sleeping accommodations. The guest tax applies when there are more than two bedrooms furnished for the accommodations of guests and when the room is rented for 28 consecutive days or less. Contact your city or county clerk for the appropriate local rate for your area.

Publications assist in understanding the provisions of Kansas tax laws and regulations and are designed for informational purposes only. The contents should not be used as authority to support a technical position.

Email here to order any Kansas tax form not available on this site.

Back to main business tax forms page