Business Tax Types - Bingo
Welcome to the Kansas Charitable Gaming website. You have reached the state's regulatory authority to enforce bingo laws through the issuance of a bingo license, renewal and monthly reporting. All distributors and premises owners are required to register with the Kansas Department of Revenue, Office of Charitable Gaming. Nonprofit organizations, distributors and premises wishing to conduct bingo, sell bingo paper and pull-tabs and lease space to licensed bingo organizations must be licensed in the State of Kansas and follow state statutes.
Who Needs A Bingo License?
- Kansas law permits non-profit religious, educational, charitable, and fraternal and veterans organizations to conduct bingo games in which the players are charged for participation if the organization first obtains a bingo license from the Kansas Department of Revenue. No license is required if a bingo game sponsor offers free bingo games or merely encourages a voluntary contribution. Bingo licenses cost $25 and are good for 12 months commencing on July 1 of each year.
- Kansas law requires that any person or business which leases facilities or premises to an organization for the conduct of bingo games on a daily basis or charges rent based upon the organization's revenue from bingo games must be registered and is subject to various restrictions. Bingo premises registration certificates cost $100 and are good for twelve months commencing on July 1 of each year.
- Kansas law also requires that any person or business which sells disposable paper bingo faces or pull-tabs to an organization with a bingo license must be registered and is subject to various restrictions. Bingo premises registration certificates cost $500 and are good for twelve months commencing on July 1 of each year. A one-time cash bond of $1,000 is also required.
The bingo statutes may be found at K.S.A. 79-4701 et seq. and the bingo regulations may be found at K.A.R. 92-23-9 et seq. The statutes may also be viewed online at http://www.kslegislature.org/
New Bingo Video Tutorials
These tutorials are designed to assist you in registering your organization or distributor on line and filing the monthly reports. Once you have registered you can check the status of your reports at any time. Please watch carefully and have your bingo license number and PIN number ready. It is not required to file on line. Paper reports are still accepted.
- Introduction and Premises Registration
- Distributor Registration
- Organization Registration
- Distributor Return
- Organization Report
New Bingo Job Aides: How to file on line
- Bingo webtax registration
- Linking an existing bingo account to a webtax login
- Filing a organization's monthly bingo report in webtax
Administrator of Charitable
Docking State Office Building
915 SW Harrison Street
Topeka, KS 66625-3512
Persons wanting to meet with the administrator should make an appointment, since the administrator is often away from the office visiting bingo games.
Licensed organizations, premises and distributors in Kansas
- Beneficiary Organization to Assist with Bingo
- Bingo Handbook
- Change of Play Form
- Daily Record
- Distributor's Monthly Tax Return (BI-4)
- Initial Application for Bingo License (BI-60)
- Initial Application for Registration of Bingo Distributor (BI-158)
- Initial Application for Registration of Bingo Premises (BI-148)
- Organization change of officers, directors, officials or persons employed on bingo premises (BI-66)
- Organization's Monthly Report (BI-1)
- Report of Organization Trust Account (BI-56)
- Renewal Application for Bingo Distributors (BI-178)
- Renewal Application for Bingo Organizations (BI-160)
- Renewal Application for Bingo Premises (BI-168)