Medical/Vision Review Information
Every effort will be made to assist drivers on their journey to obtain and maintain their driving privileges. Our office is ADA and statutorily compliant with all of our requests and requirements. We do not discriminate by age or impairment, however we are charged with the duty to determine a driver’s safety on the roadways in Kansas.
Our office relies on our medical and vision community to assist in making these decisions.
Kansas Medical Advisory Board (MAB) assists the Director of Vehicles and our Medical / Vision Unit in interpreting conflicting information and formulating action based upon the recommendation of specialists. The board also helps determine the driving eligibility of complicated cases.
- Officer referral form
- Vision form
- Medical form
- Medical and Vision Unit Letter of Concern
- Frequently asked questions regarding medical/vision reviews
- Medical Advisory Board - brochure information
Administrative hearings process
The driver has 30 days from the date of the revocation to submit a request for an administrative hearing if they feel that the revocation was unjust. The request must be written and signed and sent to our fax 785-296-5857 or mailed to PO Box 2188 Topeka, KS 66601. They will receive a letter from the hearings department when it has been scheduled.
- K.S.A. 8-247: Expiration of licenses; annual renewal for registered offenders; notice; renewal of license; reexamination; additional examinations; seizure disorders; extension of license when out-of-state; anatomical gift; state organ and tissue registry; report to legislature.
- K.S.A 45-221: Certain records not required to be open; separation of open and closed information required; statistics and records over 70 years old open.
- K.S.A. 8-237: Persons to whom license not issued.
- K.S.A. 8-245: Restrictions on licensees; suspension or revocation; misdemeanor.
- K.S.A. 8-255: Restriction, suspension or revocation of driving privileges by division of vehicles; grounds; procedure for restriction, suspension or revocation; driver improvement clinics; reinstatement fee.
- K.S.A. 8-295: Vision standards for drivers' licenses.
- Kansas Regulation 92-52-12: Standards for vision examinations.