Licenses and ID Cards
Kansas offers driver’s licenses and to all qualified Kansas residents who pass a drive test, written test vision test and can prove their lawful presence. For teen drivers, the state has a graduated driver’s licenses process allowing increased driving privileges with age and experience.
If you are a Kansas resident and are not eligible or do not wish to drive, you may apply for a state issued identification card by providing sufficient proof of identity and residency.
Applicants can request either a commercial or non-commercial driver’s license for automobiles and motorcycles after they have completed all of the required steps.
Teen drivers between the ages of 14 and 17 follow the graduated driver’s license process. Learn more about the varying requirements here.
An applicant who is ineligible to request a license or otherwise does not wish to drive, may apply for an identification card which only requires proof of identity, lawful presence, social security number, and residency in this state.
Many of our full-service offices also offer commercial driver’s license testing. Find your nearest office location here.
Q-Flow allows you to get in line at one of the following driver license stations: Topeka, Olathe, Mission, Wichita, Andover, Derby and Manhattan.
Licensing and identification information
- Getting a driver's license
- Acceptable Document Checklist
- Q-Flow Wait Line Management System
- Find your nearest driver license exam station
- Organ donation information
- Voter registration
- Frequently asked questions on driver's licensing
- Immigration status - SAVE
- Medical Vision Unit Brochure
- State approved driving schools for driver training and motorcycles
- Voluntary surrender form
- Address change - Online form or mail-in form
Commercial driver's license (CDL)
- CDL testing stations
- CDL Schools
- CDL Handbook
- Legislative updates and changes - No new updates for 2016
- Medical certification form - paper version
- Kansas military CDL skills test waiver program
- Reciprocity agreements
- Medical certification on-line application
- Requirements for hazardous material certification
- Additional CDL links: